Logos Christian Academy is a private school founded in 1994 at the initiative and efforts of the Romanian-American Baptist Church ministered by Pastor Daniel Chiu.
Although the school initially had 104 students and 12 teachers, it currently employs 24 teachers and serves more than 200 students from K2 through 12th grade. The regular school hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The school`s mission is to offer an exemplary education based on biblical values, so as to equip the children not only to succeed in their careers, but also to be lifetime followers of Jesus Christ.
Logos Christian Academy is a religiously and racially diverse institution, welcoming and currently educating students from various denominations and faiths, as well as students of various races, without compromising its core Christian beliefs. The school`s diversity is also reflected in the teaching style which blends European tradition with American innovation.
2. TEACHERS & CURRICULUM
All the teachers employed by LCA are born-again Christians who are not only well prepared in their area of expertise but are also role models for the students. While the national student-teacher ratio is 16:1, at LCA the overall ratio is 8:1, the average class size being of only ten students.
Approximately 90% of LCA`s teachers have at least a Bachelor`s Degree, with about 30% holding a Master`s Degree or a Ph.D. Degree. All the middle school and high school teachers have at least a B.A. Degree.
The main publishers from which we purchase our books and teacher materials are Bob Jones University Press, A Beka Book Publishers, Christian Liberty Press, and McGraw-Hill Company.
3. AFFILIATIONS & COMPETITIONS
LCA is a member of two Christian educational associations: the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS) and the Illinois Association of Christian Schools (IACS). Founded in 1972, AACS is one of the leading organizations of Christian schools in the country, serving over 100,000 students and teachers.
Below are the awards students received at the state and national competitions during the last five years:
When compared to the largest school from IACS, our rather small school has great results. Last year, 60 of the 425 students from the largest IACS school obtained Blue Ribbons (21%), while 43 of our 90 possible contestants obtained at least Blue Ribbons (48%).
When compared to the largest school from IACS, our rather small school has great results.Last year, 60 of the 425 students(21%) from the largest IACS school obtained Blue Ribbons while 43 of our 90 possible contestants(48%) achieved high awards.
4. COLLEGE READINESS
One of the national standardized tests which each high school student is required to take is the ACT, a four-subject test that measures college-readiness. A minimum ACT cumulative score of 18 out of 36 is required for a student to be accepted at a major college or university. Logos Christian Academy`s average score is 25, with a top score of 35.
In its twenty years of existence, Logos Christian Academy has over 150 alumni, with the majority choosing to further their education at various colleges and universities, such as University of Illinois at Chicago, North Park University, Loyola University Chicago, DePaul University, Trinity International University, Moody Bible Institute, Oakton Community College, and Wright College.
Most of our alumni obtained at least a Bachelor`s Degree, but some pursued a Master`s Degree and even a Ph. D. Degree.
The chart below shows LCA`s affordable yearly tuition rates in comparison to those of other schools in the state (over 1800 in Illinois) and nation.
6. WHY LCA?
• We offer moral teachings and role modeling. Our helpful teachers coach the students on a personal level, showing them ways to engage the world while having a Christian worldview.
• Our school promotes a family-like atmosphere where everyone knows everyone else.
• We have small classes (average 10) offering more quality teaching time to each student.
• We teach nationally recognized curricula with Biblical integration in all subject areas.
• We are religiously diverse, with our students worshiping at over 25 different churches.
• We organize intra-mural contests: photography, greeting cards, art displays, science fairs.
• We have extra-curricular activities (Spelling Bee, Math club, Drama club, Science club, Field trips).
• Our students are given the opportunity to develop their writing and composition skills through poetry (published in our school`s annual poetry volumes) or essay (published in the school`s brochure Pilgrim`s Scroll).
• We bring in godly guest speakers who preach the Word of God in interactive weekly chapel times.
• We involve the students in choirs and bands which offer regular recitals and concerts.
• Students have the opportunity to learn how to play virtually any musical instrument as part of the Logos School of Music (founded by one of our alumni).
• Our school benefits from the PΤΟ involvement and support, two of its recent completed projects being the playground and the basketball hoops.
• We serve a daily hot lunch cooked by our students` parents.
• We offer after school care.
• All 1st to 12th grade students have a weekly class of Romanian language!
WE BELIEVE IN ONE GOD, eternally coexistent, revealed in the Scriptures as a Trinity in unity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—three persons and yet one God. God is spirit, infinite and perfect in all His attributes. He created all things and upholds all things. He is the origin, the support and the finality of all things. (John 17:3; Matthew 28:19; John 4:24; Psalm 119:1-12; Revelation 4:11; Hebrews 1:3)
WE BELIEVE THE BIBLE, including both the Old and New Testaments, to be the divine revelation, inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15-16).
WE BELIEVE IN THE DEITY OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, His virgin birth, His sinless life, and His miracles. We believe that He suffered and died to bring reconciliation between man and God through His shed blood. We believe that He conquered death through His bodily resurrection. We believe that He ascended to the right hand of the Father and that He will return once again, in power and glory, to judge the living and the dead. (Isaiah 7:14; Romans 8:34; Acts 1:10)In order for lost and sinful to attain salvation, we believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary. (1 John 5:10-12; Romans 10:13).
WE BELIEVE IN BAPTISM BY IMMERSION.
WE HAVE A PURPOSE…
Our purpose is to provide students with an education deeply rooted in a biblical philosophy. Asides from rigorous academics, students are required to learn values steeped in the Christian worldview. These values are firmly based on the Holy Scriptures. Our belief is that Scripture is fully capable of equipping Christian students with the ability to discern authentic moral values as opposed to the values popular culture endorses. It is our desire to be used of God in producing strong Christian men and women who, in turn, are used of God as well.
WE HAVE A PHILOSOPHY…
Logos Christian Academy is an educational institution that is God-ordained and Spirit-led. It provides an environment where each individual student can come to know Jesus Christ, thereby maturing spiritually, while striving for academic excellence. Our educational philosophy is dedicated to the complete development of each individual (spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically, and socially). Alongside our academic goals, Logos Christian Academy emphasizes a strong moral code, promotes patriotism, and upholds Christian discipline.
WE HAVE OBJECTIVES…
Opportunities to apply facts and concepts learned in the classroom are provided through practical training. Truths are taught through methods and resources which affect the student’s attitude and behavior and which emphasizes usefulness in the Christian life.
Click Here to access Logos Ministries website.